Shakespeare’s Sonnet 130

莎士比亞 十四行詩 第 130 首



My mistress' eyes are nothing like the sun;

我情人的眼睛絲毫不似太陽;

Coral is far more red, than her lips red:

珊瑚更為紅潤,比起她的紅唇:

If snow be white, why then her breasts are dun;

若雪為白,她的酥胸色澤暗靄;

If hairs be wires, black wires grow on her head.

若髮為絲,她的額上縷縷黑絲。

I have seen roses damasked, red and white,

曾見玫瑰或紅或白,或泛微紅,

But no such roses see I in her cheeks;

但不見此花色於她雙頰暈透;

And in some perfumes is there more delight

香水的芬芳更令人滿心愉悅,

Than in the breath that from my mistress reeks.

比起她的氣息於那唇齒之間。

I love to hear her speak, yet well I know

她的言談我深愛傾聽,但我

That music hath a far more pleasing sound:

深知音樂有更討喜的樂音:

I grant I never saw a goddess go,

的確,我不曾眼見女神前行,

My mistress, when she walks, treads on the ground:

當我情人行走,她落足於地:

And yet by heaven, I think my love as rare,

但老天明鑑,我想我的情人一樣獨特,

As any she belied with false compare.

比起那些受到不實比喻讚美的女人。


(William Shakespeare / 紫蓉 譯)







製作這段影片的朗讀者說,一般認為那首知名的〈Shall I compare thee to a summer’s day?〉(第 18 首)

是莎士比亞十四行詩裡最美的情詩。但他覺得這首更美,是他最喜歡的十四行詩。

我想,若說它更美,是因為它的率真吧。詩裡不見讚美,卻又是真真誠誠的讚美。

一如十四行詩第 84 首一開頭說的:

Who is it that says most which can say more

Than this rich praise: that you alone are you…

誰的頌詞能臻達極致,能說得更多 ,

比起這句豐饒的讚美:唯有你是你…


這就是歌裡我們常聽到的那句 ”I love you just the way you are” 吧。




再來聽聽也是莎劇演員的石內卜朗讀這首詩。





PS. 把以前譯過的莎士比亞十四行詩放到這裡來,配上朗讀的影片。

莎翁文字的美也於它的聲響,和文意是密不可分的。

找到第 29 首 〈When in disgrace with fortune and men’s eyes〉一段很有意思的影片。

由 2005年版本的〈傲慢與偏見〉男主角 Matthew Macfadyen 飾演和朗讀。

讓莎士比亞的十四行詩活在這二十一世紀的電子時代,是一件很美很美的事。







紫蓉 / Xuite日誌 / 回應(0) / 引用(0)
沒有上一則|日誌首頁|沒有下一則
回應